Promise by Northpoint is our mental health treatment program for adults who need a flexible support course. Through our partial hospitalization program or PHP, we’re able to provide individuals with the therapy they need to heal, recover, and stay healthy, all built around their particular schedule. This stage of outpatient mental health treatment can help individuals and families stay healthy without undue burden.
PHP Mental Health Treatment
Who is PHP Best For?
This outpatient mental health treatment is designed to help individuals whose primary diagnosis is mental health-related. It’s ideal for those who require continued stabilization and support after leaving an inpatient setting or those who need more mental health support than offered in part-time or traditional outpatient treatment programs.
We will be accepting clients who need to stabilize their mental health symptoms, receive group and individual care, gain psychiatric consult and evaluation, medication management needs, support within the community, and education on how to manage their diagnosis better.
What are the Program Requirements?
Participation in PHP requires that individuals have reached a level of physical and psychological stability that will allow them to engage in all therapeutic interventions fully.
Since this is an outpatient program, patients must not require round-the-clock support. Instead, they should live independently or have secured alternative living arrangements, such as in a sober living setting.
Whether you’re a client, family member, or referral source, feel free to contact our admissions team at any time. Our Admissions Team will help patients to:
- Schedule an assessment with a licensed clinician
- Gain recommendations for care and begin within 48 hours or less
- Participate in the orientation process
- Begin group sessions and meet with a counselor and psychiatrist
The mental health PHP is managed by a complementary interdisciplinary team of professionals, including psychiatrists, nurses, social workers, recreationists, peer support workers, social recreation therapists, and psychologists.
Program Length: Approximately 4-5 weeks
PHP programming includes a mix of mental health education, trauma work, experiential activities, art therapy, yoga/tai chi, skill-building, process group, goal building and evaluation, and music therapy
- Daily contact with medical staff (RN) and psychiatrist as needed along with medication management non-addictive forming medications
- A licensed master level clinician will facilitate all groups
- Crisis intervention as needed
- Lunch provided at the treatment facility
- A comprehensive psychiatric evaluation
- Weekly sessions with a counselor
- Two weekly appointments with a psychiatrist
- Daily group 9-12 pm and 1-4 pm
- Daily peer support
- Family sessions as requested
- Discharge planning for ongoing IOP and individual care within the community upon completion of the track
- Assistance with FMLA or STD paperwork as needed
- Case management as needed
If, for whatever reason, our team in our outpatient mental health treatment aren’t able to assist a person, we would refer out that client (most likely to a higher level of care). Reasons for doing so include:
- Active psychosis (delusions, hallucinations)
- Those who would have severe enough symptoms and would be unable to participate cordially in an assessment
- Anyone actively abusing substances and not wanting to stop
- Active suicidal or homicidal thoughts with a plan
- Anyone wishing to remain on addictive forming medications- Adderall, benzos, pain killers, etc
- Anyone threatening active harm to themselves or others